– Can we fry the entire Superbowl? (strums guitar note) – Let’s talk about that. (funky electronic music) (fire crackles) – Good Mythical Morning. – From The Neighborhood on CBS, please give a warm Mythical
welcome to Max Greenfield! – Yeah, there he is!
– Welcome to the show. – Woo all around. Okay now, back in September last year, we met at the Stand Up To Cancer livestreaming event–
– Yeah that’s right. – Which you hosted and by the end of it, you ended up eating a cinnabug, so a cinnamon bun with bugs
and larvae on it along with us. – And you’re still willing to talk to us. – Yeah it was a good time. I passed on the crayon quesadilla and the dog food I would not go near. (Rhett and Link laugh) – Okay well you’re not gonna
be having any bugs today but you might raise your
cholesterol a little bit. – All right.
– ‘Cause we’re gonna deep fry an entire Superbowl party spread. It’s time for Deep Fry
It: Superbowl Edition. – Yeah! Whoa!
(all laughing) – [Rhett and Link] Round one. – Okay so everybody
knows that cold cut subs are a great party food
but we’re gonna turn these cold cuts into hot cuts. And we’re gonna divide and conquer. I figure that you guys
could be the batter daddies. – Yes.
– And I’ll be the fry daddy. – Okay.
– I’m gonna put myself in the face of danger for you. – I got a batter trough right here. – That is actually mayonnaise batter. First of all, there’s meat on this sub and I think we should
give Max a vegetarian side and I know there’s tomatoes on there. – I cut the meat out
awhile ago in my life, but I wanna get in on
this so let’s take out whatever meat that appears to be. I’m not quite sure. – [Rhett] We’re not either. – [Max] Like a hybrid bologna. – It’s pink stuff.
– You know what, just fold it over onto my side. – Okay. – I’ll be the double meat daddy. – And what about–
– Double meat daddy, fry daddy–
– Oh look at that. – Smart move, what a move.
– That’s really gonna, well that’s an exciting
half of a sub, Max. – You’ve done this before. – Yeah you guys are
getting bread. (chuckles) – Now this makes a
challenging fry so here we go. – Right, it’s kinda heavy on this end. You can be the batter daddy. – I just dip it in there? – Yeah and I’ve got some more. (Max claps)
(Rhett laughs) Maybe just give it a turn. – I don’t know, I’m not familiar. You guys are gonna walk me through this. – Link’s gonna pour more batter on top, so you can kinda just, ooh, oh wow. – Oh yeah, there you go.
– Hey don’t drop my meat now. – [Link] All right so. – [Rhett] Oh nice, oh nice. Nice and thick. – Here we go.
– Oh that’s a lot– – Now what? – Well now fry daddy’s gotta do his job. – Get in there–
– I’m gonna take this. I don’t think it’s gonna
fit with the basket. – Are you leaving already, Max? Yeah get yourself a paper towel. Let’s take half of this. – No I’m going for it. – You think something bad is gonna happen? – Always.
(Link chuckles) – Oh, oh, oh. It’s ripping. It’s ripping. Get it in there, ginger.
– Oh gosh. It just opened up.
– Oh you opened it. – Perfect, perfect. – [Max] You have to do it over again. Walk me through the process. – I would do it exactly
the same way. (laughs) You ready for this to come out? – Because of the butterfly effect. – Explain. – Well if you did it differently, our entire lives would change. – Okay. – Look, look at this, guys. – [Link] You know, Ashton Kutcher. – Look.
– Yeah I remember that. He was in that movie. – [Rhett] Look. See. – [Link] Now so here’s some more meat. This is a bread piece.
– Watch yourself. Watch yourself. – See, there’s a lot to go around, guys. – This is not what I hoped for. – Oh man. – We’re not perfect. – Yeah in life, we wanna
be comfortable failing. And this was definitely a fail. – It was, Rhett, and it’s all your fault. – What do you want me to do, stick my hand into the oil to support it? – Okay, I understand
where you’re coming from. But we were the batter
daddies and we felt like we took care of our part– – You did do your job. You did do your job. – And as the fry daddy, I don’t
even know that it’s fried. (Rhett laughs) – It’s still gonna taste great, right? – I want one of the jalapenos. It’s like a bloomin’ sandwich. Is there, find the jalapenos– – Right here. Well no that’s a pickle.
– Yeah perfect. Right there. – The pickle and then some– – Great. – Oh.
(crew laughs) Oh, oh.
– You did it. – Dink it and sink it. – You comin’ to our Superbowl party? – Sure. (Rhett laughs) – [Rhett and Link] Round two. – Okay my favorite Superbowl
party food is buffalo wings which are already fried but we want to try them thrice fried. – Uh-huh, so to get two more fried, we got two more batters–
– We got two other kind of batters, we have a buffalo batter and then a ranch batter. – Okay, I’m doing it this way. Max, you wanna get in this? You wanna do–
– You guys jumped right in so I’m just, I’m along for the ride. – Well you know what,
you should dip as well because that way we can drop them all in at the same time. Just do one wing in each batter. What if I drop ’em all at the same time. – [Max] Watch this. – Oh no.
– Oh he’s doing it. – He’s gonna mix.
– I know what he’s doing. – Oh he’s doing the half and half. He’s doing a half and half. – [Max] So now that’s how you do it. – All right everybody
get ready for the dip. – This is what our world needs. – [Rhett] Now don’t drop, just place. – [Link] Gingerly. – That was nice–
– You next, go for it. And then, whew. Yeah. – [Rhett] Here we go. I’m gonna pull it.
– Oh yeah look at that. – I’m gonna dump it. (metal thumping) Oh. Fry daddy’s having a problem. – Oh there it is. – Sometimes fry daddy’s gotta be rough. – All right so, I think that one’s a– – This is buffalo, this is half and half and this is, so you need to take those. Oh gosh, just throw ’em in
there, they’ll cool down. – You threw it in the wrong one! – No that’s the right one.
– Okay. – [Max] Which one’s the half and half? – This is in there.
– All right your half and half one I think that’s– – Why does it look terrible? – Well because you did it
half and half. (chuckles) – So now I’m doing half
and half again with this. – Yep, right, that’s right. – Maybe it actually doesn’t look terrible. Maybe it looks awesome. I’m not sure. – Let me just roll these around. – [Link] That’s your, oh! Gosh it’s hot.
(Rhett chuckles) – All of a sudden, okay. – Well Max, this is yours. Why am I holding yours? Here’s yours. – Okay well I’m gonna
put it back in there. – All right, oh gosh. It’s hot.
– Drop it. – Oh it fell apart. – I don’t want you to get burned. We lost the top. Re-dip it. – [Max] It’s fine, it’s fine. It’s good, it’s good, it’s good. That was the part we didn’t want– – Here’s mine. You got the ranch coating and
now the spicy coating on top. Ginger placement, yes. – I’m coming in with these.
– Yes. Oh yeah.
– I feel good about this. I feel great about this.
– Wow, man. – They got swole!
– Those are so beautiful. – Whoa.
– (chuckles) Look at those. – Mine sucks. (chuckles) I’m really upset about mine. – Link, so you started with, you wanted– – Just for, hold on, for fun. While you guys try the other ones, I think you should just deep
fry one of ’em one more time. They keep getting bigger and it’s cool. – Yeah, here. Dip the biggie. – Dip the biggie. – If feels like it wants one more round. – Well if thrice is three, what’s four? – [Rhett] Fwice? – See that’s the curious
spirit that we need. – Yeah man. – All right so this
one’s hot on the outside. Ranch underneath, hot again. This one– – This is the more
traditional so you’re getting the traditional approach. – And Max this is yours.
– Don’t remind me. – Yours is looking really good. Mine’s still pretty uniform. – Just don’t wanna burn my face. – Well you gotta remember
the kiss daddies? – Oh yeah that way you can
tall if it’s still hot. – Oh it’s still pretty hot. I’m going for the bite. Oh man. I mean–
– Mm. – The batter is absolutely incredible. – Yeah, it’s spicy, and then you get– – It’s really spicy.
– You get hit with a little ranch. It kinda works. I mean I’m no vegetarian. – Yeah I cut out meat a couple years ago. – Just for this occasion. (laughs) – In preparation for this. – I really, it’s at moments
like this when I think to myself, oh, the
smartest thing I ever did. (Rhett and crew laugh) – Mm.
– Okay. – [Max] Whoa that’s the one, dude! – I kinda forgot about this one. – She didn’t forget about you. (all laughing) – This is pretty great. I mean, the whole fry
exoskeleton is coming off, but again, you get the
ranchiness, you get the spiciness. You almost don’t need the chicken. – Wow. It looks like a pear. (chuckles) – Round three. Now if you do it right
by your Superbowl guests, you’re gonna need to hit
them with some wow factor– – That’s right.
– And I think that we have it. Superbowl means chili and beer and deep dryers mean funnel cakes– – Woo!
– So normally follows, we must make a chili
beer bong funnel cake. So yeah. That’s the universal symbol
for chili beer bong funnel cake is–
– That. Okay so–
– Here’s the chili, Max. – Max, if you could just add– – It’s kind of pureed.
– To the batter. And the chili has been ground up to be a thin consistency. Mix it so it’s all uniform. – [Link] Scrape all
that chili out of there. – Sure.
– Yeah. I don’t wanna leave any behind. – Go deep, man!
– Yeah, get it on. (Rhett laughs) – Yeah yeah, work the–
– Just like churning butter. Which is something we also
do at the Superbowl parties that I throw.
– Get it mixed. – Okay, that looks pretty uniform to be. So this is a three man operation. – All right, what do I do? – So Max if you’ll just
pour this into this and just until it comes
to the top of the tube, so we don’t wanna go any higher than the top of the tube. – All right, I can do that. – And I’ve got the valve closed. We’re just gonna fill up
the tube so you can go ahead and pour now.
– Okay. You guys got it? Whoa.
– Oh yeah. – It pools, up, I don’t wanna. – Here we go, oh yeah, look at that. That’s satisfying. – Maybe I need to, do I need to– – [Rhett] No, it’s just a
matter of time, it comes down. – You know what, we
need to open the valve. That’s the problem. And then close the valve. Close the valve! See how much faster it happened
when we opened the valve. All right so we got–
– You need a little bit more? – We got some air pocketage. – It’s coming, it’s coming,
it’s just it’s coated. So now Link, if you
would hold the fry basket so that it is just about
an inch under the surface. – Okay.
– And then I’m gonna hold this about a foot above it and I’m
gonna do a circular motion. – Max, you just get as close as you want. – Okay.
– Here we go. Here we go, guys. – Ooh yeah.
– Faster. – [Link] Faster he says. Open the valve.
– It’s all the way open. Oh man look at that. That does look like a funnel cake. – I think that’s plenty, huh?
– Okay. – Ooh look at that.
– Oh yeah. Keep it going, keep it frying. – [Link] Max, would you
like to do the honors? – I’m not sure what that is. (crew laughs) – Would you like to invert
the basket on the plate? – Thank you for that.
– Yes. – [Crew Member] Give it some force too. – Right there for the camera. Okay, oh, yes.
– Perfect. – [Link] Yes! – Oh look, look–
– Yes! – It’s actually beautiful. And then Link, grab the powdered cheese. – Look at this. – [Max] Oh! – [Link] That is something to behold. – Go easy on the cheese, man. That looks good. – Can’t go too easy on the cheese. All right. Dink it. Ooh it’s so hot in the middle. Where’s the chili?
– In your mouth. It’s got the essence of chili. – So is it just funnel cake? – It’s like a meat-forward funnel cake. (both chuckle) – That’s what it’s gonna say on the sign when we sell it at the fair. Meat-forward funnel cake!
– Get ’em here! Right now. – It’s actually really tasty.
– I likey. – Well Max, the invitation is still open to come to the Superbowl party. We will have perfected all of these things by the time you show up. – Okay okay, what’s your address? I’ll show up. – Uh, well. – I mean I can’t come if I
don’t know where I’m going man. – I’ll give that to you later. (laughs) – All right well–
– Thanks to Max for joining us on the deep fried Superbowl party. Check him out on The
Neighborhood Mondays on CBS at eight, seven central. – Thank you for liking,
commenting and subscribing. – You say you know what time it is. – Ooh, you know what time it is. – My name is Sarah. I’m at the North Carolina State Fair and I just watched Rhett and Link perform, and it’s time to spin
the Wheel of Mythicality. – You too can be super
excited after seeing us live! RhettandLinklive.com. Click the top link to
watch us deep fry a brownie for dessert in Good Mythical More. – And to find out where
the wheel’s gonna land. – [Rhett] Heading outside? Cover your melon with
these hats we’re sellin’. Three different styles to choose from now at Mythical.store.